Hand therapy exercise is combining occupational and physical therapy modalities to help rehabilitate the hands, fingers, and wrist disorders and injuries by using
physical methods and devices such as grips, balls, bands, stacking cones, and weight bars. Hand therapy exercise is used for a variety of applications in rehabilitation centers,
sports medicine facilities, hospitals and clinics for such conditions as arthritis, nerve damage, carpal tunnel syndrome, fractures and muscles/tendon tears.
Hand exercise benefit
Exercise is an essential part of managing arthritis and minimizing the pain associated with the disease, according to the Arthritis Foundation. Instead of increasing joint pain,
regular exercise increases flexibility and reduces stiffness. An exercise routine that includes an exercise ball for arthritic hands can build up the muscles around the joints and
decrease the amount of inflammation the disease produces.
You should start any new exercise routine slowly. According to the Arthritis Foundation, many people fear trying new physical activities because they already are in
so much pain. Getting over the initial fear of increasing that pain involves taking the ball in hand and squeezing very gently a couple times. As the pain recedes and your
fingers become stronger, you can add repetitions to reap additional benefits.
Hand exercise balls also are commonly referred to as stress balls because people use them to alleviate tension. Stressballs come in a variety of sizes and resistance levels.
According to Ohio State University Medical Center, you should start with larger balls that just fit in the palm of your hand and allow the tips of your finger to curl over the edges.
Soft balls filled with foam, air or beads can provide a limited amount of resistance as you strengthen your hands.
- ❀Grip Squeeze Balls are stress reducers that come in soft, medium, and firm tension. Set of 3, a black carry bag included for easy carry and go.
- ❀They are excellent, portable tools to progressively rehab a hand post-injury or post-surgery. They are also perfect to keep at the office to relieve stress or toss around during a brainstorming session .
- ❀Squeezing them also builds strength and endurance in hands, finger, wrists, and forearms. Can be repeatedly compressed without losing its shape.
- ❀The round shape one is bigger than egg shape one, also heavier than egg shape one. If your hand is larger, put 2 or 3 in your hand at the same time, more strength needed to squeeze.
- ❀Guarantee: We Cosihomu promise that every details of packages are strictly checked, if any problems when received, you can return unconditionally.